Friday, September 26, 2014

The "Lake"

Okay, It's more of a little lagoon but it was all ours for a day and we took full advantage of it. It was splendid. It was just before this third wave of mosquitoes hit. The ones that have once again made it hard to spend even a few minutes outside without some insanity taking over the brain of one who is scratching every square inch and crying out "Itchy, ItchY, IIiiiTCHY!!!!" Yes they really do call that while we are all just as itchy and really we all know how bad it is. We don't really need the description but at the same time I get it. I feel like calling it out loud for all the neighbors to hear as well.

Anyhow, that was a bit of a digression. You see this which I am about to show you was before that so we didn't know it was coming. In fact at this time we were blissfully unaware that there was a third batch coming. We thought fall was around the corner and there are never Migs in the fall. See I can't help but digress into the state of Mosquitoes in this part of the world because....well.... "Itchy, ItchY, IIiiiTCHY!!"

So now you know how our summer went too. Most of it was spent fighting off the offending little creatures that cause more discomfort than many a larger one. There was a garden though. I know it is out there. I didn't see much of it this year. Too many minutes spent swatting and scratching. Okay I admit this year we used plenty of bug spray. It was either that or live in the house. In the summer. Couldn't be. Had to go out. Had to spray.

Okay. Here is the video. I will stop talking now cause it seems I have one thing on my mind. And I have to go. I have five gallon buckets 3/4s full of pears and I want pear jam.



A Day at the Beach from Angie Kroeker on Vimeo.


Happy End of summer and into the Fall. Enjoy what you can of the last warm days as we head into the cooler months of this life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to hear what your thoughts are on your New Life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...