Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thanksgiving

What am I thankful for? Why am I thankful for this? There are these two little beings that live in my home that I birthed and now feed. I hug them and love them with such desperation. They are a tiny part of me that only grows with each day and as they grow my love for them grows exponentially.

So I would say I am thankful for my girls. I am thankful for the joy they bring into my life. For all that they are. And all that they will be.

But it is more than just the privilege of raising them. There is something else that has come about with their excistance in my life. They bring out my desire to do right by them. To live a life pleasing to the Lord.


I want them to know what true love is and there is only One who can show us true love. There is only my Father in heaven who can bring out the best in me. And it is only when I live for Him that I truly live. Life with my girls is so full of wonder at all that He has done for us. The gift of life and love.


And it is only when I share that gift with those around me that I am more fulfilled.

This song by Bruce Cockburn often causes me to think on how life once, not that long ago, was far from what I see here. Walking on stone, I dreamed of being a wife and mother but felt it was slipping further from me as the years went by. Not seeing what lay just in front of me. And now, walking in flowers, a little over five years later, I am the wife to the most perfect for me man and the mother of my two favorite girls in the world.

I know I may be biased but that is allowed and in fact it should be no other way. This is my family and it is the gift that has been given to me. I have been given the opportunity to love on these three like no others. And for this I am Thankful.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to hear what your thoughts are on your New Life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...