Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Fun #33 Aviators cap

Friday fun is a short post of something fun that happened in the week whether it be a small moment or an epic happening.

My sis-in-law commissioned me to make a hat for her boy. She wanted something that would act as a bonnet but of course be a bit more boyish than that.

Here is what I came up with.

I looked all over for a pattern on the web and was not satisfied with any of the options. They were all either for crochet or just a ring about the head with the dome on top and the straps coming out of the bottom of the ring.


Even Paul looked and if he can't find it than chances are it's not really out there.


Only on one site was a design presented but required paper macheing the child's head with a hat underneath and I was not really in the mood for that.

In the end I took what I could figure from little photos here and there of patterns people had made and drew up my own.

I am pleased as is Gab and that is what matters most. Not too tight for those hot summer days and a chin strap for the holding on of the hat. Happy flying little buddy.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to hear what your thoughts are on your New Life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...