Wednesday, November 23, 2011

To sell or not to sell?

I have started a little selling of my little hobby. I love to sew and have come up with a few designs for some baby hats.

They are simple in design. The raw edges on the the fabric will curl a little and maybe show some wear over time but that adds to the charm.


On the right you will find a link to my facebook page, Angie and the new life, where I will be updating my inventory.



This whole thing is new to me so bare with me as I navigate the whole world of selling my designs.




As a general rule the items are made from up-cycled t-shirts and fabric scraps.


My supply "stores" are the local thrift shops. I want to find purpose for every scrap of fabric I have on hand so as to not waste anything.


Everything is made right here at home, mingled in with the time I spend doing household chores and taking care of the two ladies.


It is busy and at times I do not sew as much as I might like. But I like it, that is the key to all of this.


I like to spend time figuring out how to put things together in a sensible way. To add a little flare for the fun of it.


So I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoy making them. Keep your eyes on the page for more to come.




And beyond the hat...











Hope your week is going well. Enjoy the warm weather coming your way if you have what we've got going here. A sudden spring melting in Nov.

2 comments:

  1. One word : Delight.

    It's so wonderful to delight in a "hobby" that also has the potential to get yourself some spending moolah. Gives a sense of enjoyment and fulfillment when you're doing it and also the joy of giving some smiles when others see them and wear them!
    Well done Sister.
    I actually asked myself the other day "what would Angie do?" and I came up with a creative solution to a problem I was having. see, you come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo, it is indeed a joy to have a hobby to take part in. And I like knowing that I "come in handy". it sure is fun to figure out problem and come up with a solution that you are happy with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to hear what your thoughts are on your New Life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...