Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just a shorty

Well it has been some time and I had planned to post this many days ago but I get so caught up in my projects and just life in general that I don't get to this as often as I would like.

The other day Suzie and I were on our way to the bank and post office. It was a lovely day out (hard to believe right now in -40 degree weather). She wanted so to bring her baby doll with her but two steps from the door and baby fell on the dirty snow. Two more steps after having picked her up and she was in the bare dirt. I figured that this would be a very long walk if I didn't do something about it. I ran inside and found this strip of fabric that was long enough to do this.



A baby sling for Suzies dolly. My goodness she was proud. Walking all through town with her sweet baby on her belly.


So later that day and the next I put together this little number. It seems at this time she is not totally into it though. Once I get it on she doesn't mind it but every time I suggest it since she really doesn't want it on. I figure when I start carrying the little one around in my baby wrap she will want hers on more often.




I sure do love it when she does wear it. So cute.


Then she wanted the baby in the sling again so it was one on the back and one on the front.











And this is the little girl I found behind the bangs one day. The two central bonk marks are almost gone at this point. I can't even remember what caused the chin one. When I pulled back her bangs I was surprised to find a little Mandi (Pauls sister). I knew she looked like me and Pauls mom but hadn't seen this full resemblance till the hair was off her face.

It's funny because I actually remember Mandi at a young age (not this young) so looking at my daughter and seeing an old friend from years ago when we were all young was quite a shock.


Well there you have a short post from a mom who is starting to nest. My mind is full of baby room projects and rearranging the house. Baby projects and lists of things that need to be done and gotten before the little one comes. Only 8 and a half more weeks till the due date.

1 comment:

  1. Angie, you have such a beautiful little girl! So proud of you! I can't believe baby is coming in such a short time...that is way too exciting for words!

    Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say hello.
    love you :)

    Randi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to hear what your thoughts are on your New Life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...