Wednesday, October 18, 2017

My Testimony

This sunday, Oct. 22 2017 I am going to get baptized. This is the testimony I will be giving in church from the baptismal waters. There are many details "missing" from this but I don't need to go into great detail to say that God is so very good. Also I can't exactly spend half an hour up there talking as the pastor still needs to give a sermon.


                I was blessed to grow up in a Christian home where the Bible was held up to be the word of God and I was taken to church my whole life. When I was 5 years old I was led through the sinners prayer. I was told that I was then a Christian. I was baptized at the age of 7. I remember very little of it but that it was what was to be done. I had no understanding of Christ being me Lord only that He was my savior from hell.  And even that was just something I knew because I was told it. Not because I understood.
From that time until 5 years ago I led a self-centered life. I believed myself to be a righteous person and that my works were good. There was no repentance in my heart. But as it says in Proverbs 30:12 “There are those who are clean in their own eyes but are not washed of their filth.” Every “good” work that I did was self-seeking.  I wanted to be seen and loved by mankind and to have the praises of man. My heart was deceived and full of wickedness. All I desired when reading Gods word was to have my selfish desires fulfilled. I read into the scripture my own thoughts and changed it in my mind to fit to my liking. I had built up a god in my own image. Just as Romans 1:22 says. “Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.” I was a great fool.
Then 5 years ago I heard a sermon that caused my eyes to be opened. I was deaf and then I could hear, blind and I saw, dead and then brought to life. A heart of stone made new, into a heart of flesh. The word of God broke through and gave me a new life. Romans 5:6-11  “For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— 8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. 10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. 11 More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.” Not by works of my own but by Jesus death on the cross am I now saved.  
Since that day 5 years ago I have grown in my desire for God and His word. No longer seeking my own praises and glory but instead desiring to do all things to the glory of God. I am far from being faithful but He is proving to be faithful to me. Philippians 1:6 “And I am sure of this, That He who began a good work in me will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” And so Today I wish to be baptized in obedience to His word. 

Thanks for reading this and rejoicing with me in all That God has done. I pray His name will be praised through my sharing this. Let His name be praised and Glorified forever and ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to hear what your thoughts are on your New Life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...